Position Functions Summary
- Under the direction of the Quality Manager, incumbent directly supervises all team members and team operations. Monitors efficiency of inspectors, ensures appropriate use of tools and documents.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate and complete documentation on all checklists, forms, metrics, and other reports as required.
- Verifies inspections are completed with all required documentation to ensure that products are in conformance with prescribed standards.
- Provides timely feedback to production teams if non-conforming product is identified. Request ECO edits when necessary.
- Responsible for identifying and reporting problems with workmanship, processes and quality system. Recommends improvements to the Quality Management System and assists in the implementation of those improvements.
- Works with Quality Team to submit proper paperwork and documentation to customer for First Articles, PAPPS and general shipment requirements.
- Must have a 2-year degree in a related field and a minimum of 3 years of quality control experience; or at least 5 years of experience in a quality leadership role.
- Required to have working knowledge of ISO and associated quality processing systems and principals.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to handle critical “decision making” responsibilities and deal with mental stress from working in a fast-paced manufacturing setting.
Park Manufacturing has an 80,000-sq. foot facility that is geothermal heated and cooled, well lite and very clean. Inspection area often contains pallets, crates, boxes and other misc. packaging. Frequent product movement takes place among workstations involving wagons, carts, pallet jacks, and forklifts.
- Must be able to stand or sit for duration of scheduled shift. Occasionally required to walk, kneel, crouch and/or stoop.
- Must have excellent dexterity skills to manipulate small objects at a fast pace using excellent eye hand coordination skills.
- Use hands/fingers, to handle or position objects, activate tools or controls.
- Required to reach up with hands and arms up to 30 inches for proper placement of components and inspection of completed work; components could weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 30lbs from floor to table height.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include clear vision at 20 inches or less and distant vision at 20 feet or more.
- Ability to clearly and accurately identify and distinguish similar colors.
- Depth perception should be three dimensional, with the ability to judge distances and spatial relationships. Ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus.